Home schooling or road schooling

Ok, my son started 3rd grade today. Up until now he has been advanced in most aspects of school, now the school made a huge change. They have combined classes. So my son is in a 2nd and 3rd grade class. I have been willing to give this a try because I try not to jump to conclusions, but I am ready to pull him out of school. The sent home his folder, which has the exact same plan as last year. He said he feels like he failed or something because he is repeating 2nd grade. For anyone that knows me, my children's future is more important to me than anything. That means doing well in school and continuing to excel above expectations, I just do not see it happening in the school system he is in now. So what do I do?

I have been looking into different options for him and us as a family. Homeschooling is definitely an option, but a lot will have to change. He will need me home to help teach him. The other option is to sell everything and do road schooling. Now this would be a huge change, but something I would love to do and have been wanting to do it. My entire life I have dreamed of just traveling. I have traveled a lot in my life, at least in the US and Canada, and I want  my kids to be able to experience it as well. Just this Monday and Tuesday we took a road trip across Colorado seeing the Sand Dunes, The Million Dollar Highway and Monarch pass, as well as a lot of places along the way. We also try to travel to Louisiana and Texas every year and make a point to see different places each time we go. My son loves it. He gets antsy, but he loves the learning experiences. So why not do it full time?

Torrie and I, Bottomless Lakes New Mexico, 2018

Torrie, Delila, and Mom, Great Sand Dunes 2019



Delila's first time swimming, near Dorango, CO 2019

Torrie, Delila and myself swimming, Montrose, CO 2019



There is a lot to think about. Right now I am making about $50,000 at my current position and my fience works part time.My mom is disabled, and my niece works full time. We do everything as a family to be honest. So what can we do for an income? I could sell my home right now and make about $30000. I have 3 vehicles I could probably sell for close to $10000. As far as personal items, most would have to go into storage because they belonged to my deceased sister, brother, and grandmother. It is just items we cannot let go of yet.

Looking at the pictures I have shared on this post, I do believe it would work. The real question is, How to do it? I want it done right and I do not want to make a bad decision for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading old financial blog posts

I have been reading some of my old finance posts here on blogger. One of the blogs that I had was Saving Money and Home Finances , I had pos...