Know your Score, Credit Score that is!





Your credit is your personal number. It is the number that will give you a great deal on a vehicle, purchase a home, or simply use a credit card to buy groceries if you absolutely have to. The credit score is between 300 to 850. With the majority being between the range of 600 to 750. To purchase a home most lenders like to have a credit score of at least 700. So where is your score?

I personally like using apps to monitor my credit score. I use Credit karma and Credit Sesame . I can also use a couple of the credit card apps that I use, they provide a free monitoring service. Knowing your score and where it falls can save you a fortune, or give you something to push for.

FICO credit score range according to Credit Karma

Poor 300-579
Fair 580-669
Good 670-739
Very good 740-99
Excellent 800-850

Knowing your score can prepare you for future purchases. I have found for myself that the biggest impact on my score a few years ago was not having it diverse enough, now it is the credit card utilization. Use the apps to determine what is impacting your score. If there are inaccuracies on your reports, dispute them. Take the time to build your credit to where you want it to be.

Do not hesitate to work on your credit. My biggest regret is waiting until I was 30 to really care about the score. It took a lot of work to repair the damage I had done to my credit by the time I thought it was important. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading old financial blog posts

I have been reading some of my old finance posts here on blogger. One of the blogs that I had was Saving Money and Home Finances , I had pos...