Working into Exhaustion and Making a Plan for the Future

     I am exhausted and need to do something else. In 2011, I started working at a local convenience store when I moved here to Colorado. I worked my way from making $8.25 an hour to now making $16.50 an hour, and help manage a multi-million dollar location. The pay honestly is not bad at all, and I do absolutely love my job and everything I do, but it has been to much lately. I have not had more than one day off in a week, sometimes none, since June 10th. That is over 2 months and I have had a combined total of maybe five days off. I am exhausted, my son is sad because my Summer has been at work, and my 11 month old daughter barely knows me.

     So what is a mom to do? Continue to work? Quit and figure it out? Well I cannot quit. Too many people depend on me and my income. The extra money has been great and I am caught up on everything, and have paid off a lot of debt, but is it worth it for my kids. I think I need a plan of action. I need to take time to put a plan together to make a serious income from home. I would need to make over $2500 a month to seriously be OK, and that will take time and effort, but it would be worth it. I was able to make about three quarters of this income at home before, about 12 years ago. I did a lot of contributing to websites and writing articles for sites like Yahoo, and quite a few not well known sites. Can I get back to that though?

     So far I have started my own AVON business. I had one in the past and did fairly well with it. I am writing on sites such as Hubpages. Sites such as Inboxdollars do contribute a lot. I have also added to my published Ebooks, and planning on adding more soon, it just takes time. Now I am starting this blog. I am hoping this blog can help me financially, but if it doesn't, I can share the things I have learned through the years of being a single mom and studying finances.

    I know I will not make a fortune doing any one thing at home. I have to diversify my income sources. It will take a lot of trickles in a bucket to fill it, and I know this from experience. It has been a while since I have studied making money from home, but now I have to find time. I do not want to work 65 hours a week to make money and miss seeing my kids grow up, I have missed too much already. Now is my time to do what I truly dream of doing, and that is raising my kids in a financially stable home, where there mom is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading old financial blog posts

I have been reading some of my old finance posts here on blogger. One of the blogs that I had was Saving Money and Home Finances , I had pos...